The most effective way to remove rust, old paint or other coatings from surfaces is to blast clean the surface with steel grit.
Phenics Combi is a mobile blast cleaning system that has an integrated vacuum and filtration system to provide an environmentally friendly way to treat surfaces.
The blast-cleaning abrasives can be selected from a variety of recyclable materials.
Ermail is the only company in Finland to provide the Phenics Combi blast cleaning solution.
Benefits of Phenics Combi
- Generates less dust
- The amount of waste generated is marginal compared to sandblasting/slag blasting.
- The waste generated in the process is automatically sorted into big bags.
- The system has a vacuum that removes the steel grit from the blasted product. No need for a separate vacuum cleaner or vacuum truck.
- The system removes impurities from the blasting grit so the grit can be reused.
= Costs and environmental impacts are reduced
Comparison to traditional slag blasting
|Slag||Winoa Profilium 45 steel grit|
|Cleaning efficiency||7 m2 / h||12 + m2 / h|
|Possible number of applications||1||200|
|Consumption Sa 2 1/2||40kg / m2||1kg / m2|
For example, when cleaning a 1,000 m2 surface:
- Slag consumption is 40,000 kg and the slag becomes waste.
Cost: approx. 160-200 EUR/tonne
- Steel grit consumption is 1,000 kg and the grit turns into steel dust that still has apparent value.